Firestone EPDM GeoGard
High Performance Rubber Liner
The main component of Firestone Lining Systems is Firestone EPDM GeoGard, a single-ply synthetic rubber waterproofing membrane made of ethylene – propylene – diene terpolymer, mixed with carbon black, oils, curing agents and processing aids. It is calendered into large sheets and vulcanized.
Waste Water Reservoirs
Key features and benefits
- The success of Firestone EPDM GeoGard can be attributed to the unique combination of benefits:
- High flexibility: Firestone EPDM GeoGard remains highly flexible even at very low temperatures (down to –45 °C), enabling year round installation in a variety of climates and terrain.
- High elongation: Firestone EPDM Geogard can elongate over 300%, which enables the membrane to stretch and conform to objects in the subgrade.
- Superior weathering resistance: Firestone EPDM Geogard offers unmatched resistance to ultraviolet radiation and ozone.
- Quick and easy installation: Firestone EPDM GeoGard is available in large seamless panel sizes up to 15m in width and 61m in length resulting in fewer field seams and less installation time.
- Low maintenance: Firestone EPDM GeoGard requires little or no regular maintenance after installation. GeoGard can survive normal environmental exposure for well over 30 years.
- Environmentally friendly: Firestone EPDM GeoGard is an inert material with low environmental impact during production and use. In addition, Firestone’s EPDM manufacturing facilities have received ISO 14001 certification, a testimony of the company’s commitment to environmental management.